engineering a successful future
The Fluid Power Action Challenge is a STEM-based competition that challenges middle or high school students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power. The students work in teams to design and build a fluid power mechanism and then compete against other teams in a timed competition.
The Fluid Power Action Challenge has many benefits. It:
- Actively engages students in learning about fluid power.
- Gives support and resources to teachers for science and technology curriculum.
- Creates a learning environment where math and science are fun.
- Encourages students to practice teamwork, engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Introduces students to careers in the fluid power industry.
Hundreds of individuals in NFPA member companies and education partner institutions have been involved in mentorship, classroom activities, and events related to the Fluid Power Action Challenge, which have engaged more than 30,300 students to date.
Contact the Workforce Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
NFPA provides a program overview, cost calculator, and summary of additional resources to plan your event.
How It Works
NFPA provides free instructions and resources that you can download to assist you in running a successful Action Challenge.
Learn if there are upcoming Action Challenge events in your community.
Thirty-five NFPA member companies and education partners from across the country have been recognized as Fluid Power Action Challenge Champions for their efforts in organizing and running Fluid Power Action Challenge events in their local communities. In doing so, they have not only made serious investments of both time and money but have also helped spread information about our industry and reaped the benefits that come with connecting their organizations to the schools and science classrooms where the industry’s future employees are learning fluid power for the first time.
- Bennett Mills Middle School – 4 annual events, engaging 180 total students
- Bucher Hydraulics - 1 event (new), engaging 20 total students
- Caterpillar – 5 annual events, engaging 372 total students
- Cleveland Community College – 6 annual events, engaging 198 total students
- Cooper Middle School – 3 annual events, engaging 171 total students
- Daman Products Company – 10 annual events, engaging 904 total students
- Deltrol Fluid Products –11 annual events, engaging 2,608 total students
- Dura-Bar - 2 annual events, engaging 158 total students
- Eisenhower Junior High – 2 annual events, engaging 36 total students
- Florida Technology Student Association – 5 events, engaging 129 total students
- FORCE America – 8 annual events, engaging 493 total students
- Georgia Tech University – 2 annual events, engaging 136 total students
- Gulliver – 1 annual event, engaging 90 total students
- Husco and Waukesha STEM Academy – 4 annual events, engaging 332 total students
- Hydroquip - 1 annual event, engaging 18 total students
- Hydrotech – 1 annual event, engaging 20 total students
- Jerling Middle School – 4 annual events, engaging 803 total students
- Komatsu Mining Corp Group – 4 annual events, engaging 251 total students
- LoneStar Community College – 3 annual event, engaging 65 total students
- Master Pneumatic – 8 annual events, engaging 1,250 total students
- Mequon School District – 1 annual event, engaging 36 total students
- Micromatic – 1 annual event, engaging 20 total students
- Milwaukee School of Engineering – 14 annual events, engaging 1,426 total students
- Oak Prairie Middle School - 2 annual events, engaging 68 students
- Parker Hannifin – 2 annual events, engaging 44 total students
- Pennsylvania Small Business Education Fund – 5 annual events, engaging 604 total students
- Price Engineering – 6 annual events, engaging 881 total students
- Purdue University – 7 annual events, engaging 373 total students
- Ridgewood High School - 2 annual events, engaging 325 total students
- SMC Business Councils – 2 annual events, engaging 224 total students
- Triton College - 2 annual events, engaging 52 total students
- Triton Girls Summer Camp – 2 annual events, engaging 80 total students
- University of Minnesota – 5 annual events, engaging 352 total students
- Valley View Junior High School – 3 annual event, engaging 324 total students
- Wojanis Supply Company – 10 annual events, engaging 911 total students
In total, our Fluid Power Action Challenge Champions have organized 150 events impacting 13,969 students.