engineering a successful future
The Fluid Power Action Challenge is a STEM-based competition that challenges middle or high school students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power. The students work in teams to design and build a fluid power mechanism and then compete against other teams in a timed competition.
The Fluid Power Action Challenge has many benefits. It:
- Actively engages students in learning about fluid power.
- Gives support and resources to teachers for science and technology curriculum.
- Creates a learning environment where math and science are fun.
- Encourages students to practice teamwork, engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Introduces students to careers in the fluid power industry.
Hundreds of individuals in NFPA member companies and education partner institutions have been involved in mentorship, classroom activities, and events related to the Fluid Power Action Challenge, which have engaged more than 25,000 students to date.
Contact the Workforce Team at email@example.com with any questions.
NFPA provides a program overview, cost calculator, and summary of additional resources to plan your event.
How It Works
NFPA provides free instructions and resources that you can download to assist you in running a successful Action Challenge.
Learn if there are upcoming Action Challenge events in your community.