Through the activities of the NFPA Foundation, industry members have countless opportunities to work directly with students of all age groups, provide support for fluid power workforce development programs, and take advantage of industry partnerships.
Support the Future Workforce
By combining the financial and volunteer contributions of many individuals into one concerted effort, the Pascal Society is a driving force behind developing the resources, tools, and people needed to tackle our difficult workforce development challenge.
Pascal Society donors not only help support fluid power education efforts, they also receive exclusive benefits, such as access to talented students, extra visibility for job and company listings, and more.
Work Directly with Students
Inspire and engage students of all ages in fluid power education. Make connections with students who are ready to enter the workforce, or help set younger students on a path that will lead them to fluid power jobs in the future.
- Fluid Power Action Challenge – help get middle school and high school students interested in fluid power through this design and build competition. Host your own, help students with a classroom activity, or volunteer to judge an event happening in your area.
- Fast Track Program – Industry partners provide ongoing curriculum guidance, mentorship, and create relationships with local middle schools, high schools, and technical colleges to develop a clear career pathway into the fluid power industry and enhance student recruitment opportunities for your company.
- Workforce Engagement Groups – Serve on regional Workforce Engagement Groups to collaborate and share ideas for networking and recruiting opportunities at Fast Track Hubs and Power Partner universities.
- Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge – Become a mentor or judge and work side-by-side with promising engineering university students on their project. Members have exclusive opportunities to build relationships with students and university faculty.
- NFPA Speaker’s Bureau – Members can be matched with high school, technical college, and university engineering classes looking for guest industry speakers. NFPA provides a draft presentation template to help.
- Power Partner Universities – Participate in industry connection events. These are targeted, fluid power exclusive events that are excellent opportunities for company visibility, mentorship, and sponsorship, with the end goal being to recruit students into the fluid power industry.
- Review Scholarship Applications – help review applications for our various scholarship programs, like the Robotics Scholarship and $2K Fluid Power Scholarship. The time commitment is small, typically a few hours total, and includes reviewing written applications and helping interview top candidates.
Take Advantage of Industry Partnerships
MFG Day (Manufacturing Day) is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of skilled workers and is an initiative of The Manufacturing Institute. Each fall, manufacturers across America open their doors to show their communities what manufacturing really looks like. NFPA supports events like these and encourages members to take advantage of opportunities like MFG Day to inspire the next generation of skilled workers.
NFPA members receive announcements leading up to MFG Day and can get additional visibility for their events by letting us know their event details.
The Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN) is a non-profit educational organization founded in 1990 and recognized as the leading champion in North America for leveraging research and best practices to propel the inclusion of women in the field of engineering. As the nation's first network dedicated to advancing cultures of inclusion and diversity in engineering higher education and workplaces, WEPAN advocates fully embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion to meet the demands of today’s innovation and performance-driven business culture. WEPAN connects people, research, and practice to powerful projects and professional development and equips advocates with the tools to create sustainable, systems-level changes that allow all in engineering to thrive. To learn more about WEPAN and its initiatives, visit www.wepan.org.
Spread the Word
Show off your company's fluid power education outreach activities! Post your pictures to #FluidPowerInAction on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter to join the conversation.