Through the activities of the NFPA Foundation, industry members have countless opportunities to work directly with students of all age groups, provide support for fluid power workforce development programs and take advantage of industry partnerships.
Support the Future Workforce
By combining the financial and volunteer contributions of many individuals into one concerted effort, the Pascal Society is a driving force behind developing the resources, tools and people needed to tackle our difficult workforce development challenge.
Pascal Society donors not only help support fluid power education efforts, they also receive exclusive benefits, such as access to talented students, extra visibility for job and company listings, and more.
Work Directly with Students
Inspire and engage students of all ages in fluid power education. Make connections with students who are ready to enter the workforce, or help set younger students on a path that will lead them to fluid power jobs in the future.
- Help get middle and high school students interested in fluid power through the Fluid Power Action Challenge. Host your own, help students with a classroom activity or volunteer to judge a Challenge event happening in your area.
- Get involved with the Fast Track program. Industry partners provide on-going curriculum guidance, mentorship, and student internship/job opportunities.
- Become a mentor or judge for the Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge to work with promising engineering university students on their project.
- Join the NFPA Speaker's Bureau to be matched with technical college and university engineering classes looking for guest industry speakers. NFPA provides a draft presentation template to help.
- In the first half of each year, industry members are invited to help review applications for our various scholarship programs. The time commitment is small, typically a few hours total, and includes reviewing written applications and helping interview top candidates.
Take Advantage of Industry Partnerships
Heroes MAKE America
The The Manufacturing Institute's Heroes MAKE America (HMA) program has trained more than 500 veterans for new careers in manufacturing. NFPA's partnership with HMA gives members access to the resumes of program graduates, all of whom have received training for production floor jobs in manufacturing and are looking to work in communities around the country.
NFPA members receive regular announcements with access to HMA graduate resumes as well as opportunities to promote their companies to this group. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
MFG Day (Manufacturing Day) is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of skilled workers and is an initiative of The Manufacturing Institute. Each fall, manufacturers across America open their doors to show their communities what manufacturing really looks like. NFPA supports events like these and encourages members to take advantage of opportunities like MFG Day to inspire the next generation of skilled workers.
NFPA members receive announcements leading up to MFG Day and can get additional visibility for their events by letting us know their event details.
Spread the Word
Show off your company's fluid power education outreach activities! Post your pictures to #FluidPowerInAction on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter to join the conversation.