For the 2021-2022 year, the NFPA Foundation looked to specifically fund university grant projects that create electrical and data acquisition and controls curriculum that will ultimately be available in NFPA's curriculum library.
The application period is now closed. Check back for information on the 2022-23 grant cycle. Contact the Workforce Team at email@example.com with questions.
Up to $8,000 in financial support for each selected project.
NFPA accepts grant proposals until the funds are depleted. Approved projects for the 2021-2022 year will be awarded between July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Funding must be connected to adding new or expanding existing fluid power content in your electrical, data acquisition and controls curricula.
- Projects related to the core competencies identified by the fluid power industry will be given preference. Free resources to help you teach these core competencies are available in NFPA’s curriculum library.
- The project must have ongoing usage and benefits beyond a one-year scope.
- Merits of the project – its goals and objectives related to adding new or expanding existing fluid power content to curriculum
- Relevance to adding fluid power curricula at your university
- Average number of students enrolled in the fluid power course
- Multiplier effect (What is the expected long-term future outcome of this project?)
- Resources needed to bring fluid power curricula to engineering programs
- Development of teaching tools (e.g., textbooks, software programs, training stations)
- Lab development, maintenance, upgrades
This is not an all-inclusive list. Contact the Workforce Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.